Diallog is seeking a high energy, dynamic and knowledgeable Senior Manager of IT Infrastructure who combines people leadership skills with infrastructure technical expertise and a customer service first mindset.
Founded in 1998, Diallog Telecommunications is an integrated telecommunications provider servicing nearly ten thousand customers all across Canada. We offer a comprehensive suite of telecommunications services including: Voice over IP via SIP Trunking and Hosted PBX, PRI & Business Lines, Dedicated Fibre and Broadband (Cable and DSL) Internet services, and advanced Data services to small, medium, large and enterprise businesses.
Diallog has experienced significant growth in the past 12 months, and with considerable expansion plans set for 2017, we are seeking to add the right candidate to join our growing team on this exciting journey.
Although Diallog has a long and successful track record and provides a very stable career environment, we are currently very much in a high-energy start-up like phase. Two things you can count on, are that this will be an extremely challenging and engaging role, and that no two days will ever be alike!
Diallog is targeting significant growth in its Dedicated and Broadband Internet, SIP Trunking and Hosted PBX offerings this year and in years to come. Properly preparing for and managing this growth requires a dynamic leader, tactful manager and capable technical expert with experience in, and a love of, small and rapidly growing organizations. You will be responsible for and oversee all areas of IT from high level planning to team-building to ongoing customer and employee technical support. Your areas of responsibility will include, but are not limited to:
Broadband and Dedicated Internet:
- Network planning, buildout and management as required by studying technical specifications, schematic preparations
- Managing, Supervising and providing technical advice on telecommunication data and voice platforms
- Monitor, coordinate data and voice activities (devices and log monitoring)
- Data and voice backup for redundancy and disaster recovery
- Research and select the company’s preferred CPEs, including Routers, IP Phones and much more
- Setup/installation of new customer services as required
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support customer tech support as required
SIP and Hosted PBX offerings:
- Master Diallog’s Internet, SIP and Hosted offerings and provide tier 2 and 3 customer tech support as required
- Research and select the company’s preferred IP phones
- Setup/installation of new customer services, IP Phones, etc. as required
Customer Technical Support for Internet (Broadband and Dedicated), SIP and Hosted PBX Services:
- Develop processes and documentation, which empower new and existing members of the organization to more effectively provide technical support across all service offerings
- Train the existing Customer Service/Tech Support team to provide effective tier 1 and 2 support as appropriate
Sales Support (aka Sales Engineer):
- Provide technical sales support to Diallog’s B2B sales team as required
- Participate/lead in the training of our sales team on technical topics, as required
- Constantly research and provide input to your leadership peers in regards to new and improved service offerings which may have value in the marketplace
- Documentation and change management for data and voice configurations, diagrams and programming/scripts if applicable
Internal IT Support
- Manage and support Diallog’s data centre, servers, office network and peripherals to ensure smooth operations and consistent uptime for Diallog personnel
- Provide technical support to Diallog staff as required. Get them up and running and keep them productive.
- Inherit and lead a small existing IT team
- Build out, Lead and manage the growing IT team as required
Leadership Responsibilities include:
- Developing a deep understanding of all parts of Diallog’s IT infrastructure including its strengths, weaknesses, current status and future growth plans. You know Diallog IT inside and out
- Leading in implementing the strategic IT plan that supports the organization’s vision and goals; communicates the strategic plan to your team as well as leadership peers to ensure support
- Leading in formulating and administering organizational IT policies
- Upholding, safeguarding and promoting the organization’s values, philosophy and brand as it relates to our IT departments and service offerings
- Building and maintaining a departmental structure, operating standards and practices that are responsive and adaptable to evolving business needs
- Developing and implementing a talent plan to ensure the right people are in the right place at the right time to meet the strategic needs of the organization
- Managing IT team performance by establishing clear goals and expectations, tracking progress against the goals, ensuring timely feedback, and addressing performance problems and issues promptly
- Process creation, implementation as it relates to IT
- In coordination with other departments, ensuring continuous improvement of customer satisfaction through programs to provide for rapid and exceptional service delivery, that meets customer quality expectations
- Vendor shopping/negotiation. Vendor relationship building. Vendor disputes.
- Professional certifications such as CCNA, CCNA Voice, CCNA R&S, CCNE, CCIE are preferred
- Experience with data and voice platform/transport networks; such as LAN, WAN, Voice and Data Switching, SIP and Video
- Strong knowledge of the following: Ethernet, Switching, SIP, QoS, Video, Audio and Video Codecs, DNS, DHCP, FTP, VPN, SSL, NAT/PAT, Copper/Fiber Wiring/Switching
- Strong knowledge of telecom transport such as ATM, MPLS, BGP
- Knowledge of/experience with Hosted PBX services
- Knowledge of different server platforms such as Windows and Linux, Hyper-V Virtualization, Clustering
- Demonstrated ability for managing/planning business continuity, core infrastructure assets and disaster recovery
- Project management skills
- Understanding development methodologies is a plus
Critical Success Factors:
- Ability to build a culture of people who take disciplined action and are willing to go to extreme lengths to fulfill their responsibilities
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive with a high attention to detail
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent and friendly communicator
- Great attitude and a people person. You enjoy your job and you enjoy the people you work with.
Applicants will be required to take psychometric and role specific competency tests in addition to interviews. Please apply if you are willing to go through our entire process, are confident in your abilities, and are truly excited about this tremendous career opportunity.
To apply, visit our posting on LinkedIn.
We are grateful to all applicants, however due to limited resources, only those chosen to move forward will be contacted.
Thank you for reading and we wish you the very best!